Our mothers are so special, one day isn’t nearly enough to recognize their role in our lives. (As more than one mother has opined, shouldn’t EVERY DAY be Mother’s Day?) This year, on the day set aside to remind us how much we love them, we have a couple of ways to make your mom feel special!
– Going out for breakfast/brunch is nice, but staying in and cooking for her is even better. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Just make what she likes!
– Flowers are a classic, but always a mom-pleaser. A huge bunch of her favorites will make her smile. If she’s a gardener, a live plant will be a huge hit!
– Do something she really wants to do. Take her someplace she’s always wanted to go but never had the time. It’s an opportunity to hang out together and learn something new about her!
– Find a unique gift that embodies what she loves, whether it’s cooking, reading, gardening, crafts, music, sewing, dancing, etc. She’ll appreciate the effort you put into it.
– Mother’s Day is the perfect excuse for families that may be spread out to spend the day together – whether you stay home and bake cookies, or head out to the zoo.
– If you have the time and/or money, take her away for the weekend to a spa, hotel or bed and breakfast. Let someone else pamper her with luxurious surroundings and good food.
At Beechen & Dill, we’ve found what moms want MOST in their homes! The top three must-haves are a mudroom, kitchen island, and a 2nd floor laundry room. If we missed something, tell us YOUR home’s must-have!
Headquartered in Burr Ridge, Illinois, Beechen & Dill Homes is recognized as one of Chicagoland’s most buyer-friendly and distinctive home builders. Beechen & Dill has constructed an award-winning reputation over 40 years and dozens of planned communities and custom home projects in Chicago’s south and southwest suburbs. For more information, please visit beechendill.com.