Pantone has officially crowned Ultra Violet as the 2018 Color of the Year, and it’s certainly a bold choice! Here are some tips for integrating this fashion forward color into your very own Beechen & Dill home!
- Set a tone. Colors can range from soft pastels to rich jewel tones to bright, primary shades. The key to using color well is that it should flow, not be a patchwork of conflicting tones. Before you choose something as bold as Ultra Violet, decide how (or if) it meshes with your current color palette or decorating scheme.
- Don’t be afraid. If you really love a bold shade, go ahead and use it. Just figure out how much of it you are comfortable with. What level of intensity do you want? A whole room? One wall? An area rug, curtains or pillows?
- Think smaller. Powder rooms are a great place to experiment with a bold color like Ultra Violet. Create your own little jewel box of a room with intensely hued walls or towels or other accessories.
- Keep your home’s exterior quiet. Painting your home an attention-grabbing color like purple could make you the neighborhood pariah. If you really love this vibrant color, try painting your front door or incorporating it in your pots and plantings.
- Create balance. If you choose a provocative palette, remember to ground the vibrant colors and balance them by adding a rich chocolate, black or peacock blue.
Now that you have some expert decorating tips, it’s time to go Ultra Violet in your new Beechen & Dill home!
Headquartered in Burr Ridge, Illinois, Beechen & Dill Homes is recognized as one of Chicagoland’s most buyer-friendly and distinctive home builders. Beechen & Dill Homes has constructed an award-winning reputation over 40 years and dozens of planned communities and custom home projects in Chicago’s south and southwest suburbs. For more information, please visit beechendill.com.