A new year means new home designs and décor trends! Your style is unique, but it doesn’t hurt to have a little inspiration from the most popular trends as they emerge! Check out what’s new and what’s making a comeback in 2018.
- Geometric patterns. From tile backsplash to wallpaper to carpeting, intricate patterns are in. They can be simple and elegant, or be throwbacks to the 60’s & 70’s. It just depends on what mood you’re creating.
- Natural materials. Wood, concrete, stone, copper… these organic elements act as a balance to our tech-laden world. Their natural warmth and tactility are popping up as accents and features.
- Metallics & iridescents. Metallics have only been growing in popularity and dominance, while iridescents are just under the radar, ready to make a splash. Either way, who doesn’t love a little sparkle?
- Intense color. Also a continuing trend, bright blues, greens, purples, turquoise and hot pink are still popping up in paint colors, fabrics and accessories.
- Classic black & white. This combo never goes out of style, no matter how many trends try to bump it. There’s a reason B&W kitchens are classic.
- Speaking of kitchens… You’ll be seeing more colors in cabinets, sinks and appliances, as designers try to offset the unforgiving and stark nature of all-white kitchens.
- Vintage lighting fixtures. Aged copper pendants. Art deco schoolhouse fixtures. Antiqued brass chandeliers. Vintage is a quick and easy way to add interest to any room.
Contact us at Beechen & Dill Homes to learn more about what’s new in home design and discuss all the ways you can incorporate these trends into your unique style and into your new home!
Headquartered in Burr Ridge, Illinois, Beechen & Dill Homes is recognized as one of Chicagoland’s most buyer-friendly and distinctive home builders. Beechen & Dill Homes has constructed an award-winning reputation over 40 years and dozens of planned communities and custom home projects in Chicago’s south and southwest suburbs. For more information, please visit beechendill.com.