WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Well, that’s where YOU come into play. We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our team to be the Wizard behind the curtain and help bring our homes to life. The ideal candidate looks something like this:
- Someone who doesn’t mind a smaller work environment- our team is small but our values are large!
- You value the blood, sweat, and tears that make a small business keep bustling day after day.
- When you watch a moving truck pull into a freshly closed home, your heart does a little “pitter-patter” because you know that our team made that possible!
- Your positivity and outgoing attitude are enough to make sunshine and rainbows appear wherever you step foot (ok maybe that was a little overkill but you get the idea!)
- Someone who wants to see their ideas to come to life! A little entrepreneurial spirit makes a big difference in a small company. If you are looking for a big, corporate management structure, that’s NOT B&D! We pride ourselves on being quick and nimble and rely on our staff to improve our operations on a daily basis.
Our Purchasing Coordinator will help drive the behind the scenes efforts to make each home become reality. Every home starts with a plan. A majority of the work that goes into building a home takes place away from the jobsite. From blueprint to bidding to permit, our field team counts on a stellar Purchasing Coordinator to provide the tools needed to make each customer’s dream become a reality. Your job is to effectively manage the process “behind the curtain” to ensure all plans, specifications, contracts, etc. are accurate, so that our field team (Superintendents and Subcontractors) can spend their time in the field (rather than in an office) bringing each home to life. You must be detail oriented, good with numbers and LOVE the office environment…don’t worry if you’ve never built a home before, we can teach you the rest!
I KNOW, YOU’RE WAITING FOR THE BULLET POINTS
To sum up, we are looking for someone who can:
- Effectively communicate with our in-house accounting, construction, selections and management teams.
- Sit on our vault and be the keeper of our numbers like a prison guard at Fort Knox.
- Negotiate with our vendors/subs like a NINJA!
- Manage the bidding process of new homes.
- Be a tech leader amongst the team and drive our company’s online software suite.
- Drive the procurement process to ensure all parts and pieces show up to the jobsite as planned.
- Build relationships and help maintain our status of being the “Builder of Choice” amongst our vendors/subs!
If YOU are looking to put your talents to work, we want YOU to help make us the best home-builder in the Chicagoland area!