Valentine’s Day is all about indulging yourself… and we have a variety of dreamy suggestions for a romantic holiday right in your own home. Some of these might take some planning, but they’re worth it!
- What’s the most romantic spot in your home? In front of the fire of course! So light it up and actually relax in front of it! Grab your significant other and enjoy the warm glow.
- Share a quiet meal with your partner. Whether you cook from scratch or order take out to eat at home, it doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive, but something you can enjoy together.
- If you don’t already have one, invest in a good stereo system. Connect it to your wi-fi/Bluetooth, and you can listen to your most romantic tunes all over the house! This is a great way to tap into one of the five senses and really set the tone you’d like for the evening.
- Take a “Spa Day”. Relax in a bubble bath. Give yourself a mani-pedi. Wear your PJs all day and veg on the couch. Unplug your technology and enjoy the quiet. You don’t have to have a scheduled appointment at a salon to reap the benefits of a spa day. Not having to leave the comfort of your own home makes it that much more relaxing!
- Go to bed early. It’s a fact that we live in an “always-on” world. Pamper yourself with some extra sleep. Cuddle up with your sweetie, and decompress. But first, splurge on some new sheets, fluffy blankets, or new sleepwear. Investing in a clean and comfortable bedroom is a great way to ensure a good night’s sleep, whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day or any other day of the year!
Headquartered in Burr Ridge, Illinois, Beechen & Dill Homes is recognized as one of Chicagoland’s most buyer-friendly and distinctive home builders. Beechen & Dill has constructed an award-winning reputation over 40 years and dozens of planned communities and custom home projects in Chicago’s south and southwest suburbs. For more information, please visit beechendill.com.