You’ve made one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make – you’re going to build a new home! And you probably have questions upon questions. Now is the time for a visit to a model home!
1. Before you visit, know what you like. What’s your style? What’s on your “must have” list? A model home is designed to entice and inspire.
2. Nothing beats speaking face to face with a sales person. You’ll get quality interaction with a team member, and you’ll get a good read on how the company works. This is important when choosing a builder to build your new home!
3. You can ask all of your questions and get direct immediate answers. No waiting around for days or weeks! Go ahead and ask about options, and making layout changes. How long is the construction timeline? What do we need to know about financing? Are there energy-saving features?
4. A sales person can help you figure out what style or size home will work best if you’re downsizing or upsizing, or if you want a big yard for pets or children, etc. Once a salesperson has a good idea of what you are looking for, he or she can point out plans and features that could be a good fit.
5. Engage your senses! See the quality of the builder’s work up close. Hear whether the neighborhood is quiet or bustling. Touch the granite counters and wood cabinets. Open the closets and drawers.
6. Use your imagination! Close your eyes and imagine yourself living here. How will the home actually feel when you’re living in it? How many people does the family room really fit for movie night? Will your king size bed fit in the master suite? Is the garage big enough to store your stuff?
7. Take the opportunity to ask if there are incentives or promotions available. Maybe there’s a move-in ready home just waiting for you. Maybe the builder is offering free options or upgrades. You’ll never know if you don’t ask!
8. Get a feel for the whole community, its location and what your daily life would be like living there. Where are
the walking trails and the community park? Is the elementary school really walking distance? How loud is that major road just outside the neighborhood? What’s traffic like? Realistically, how long is the commute to work?
9. Build excitement! Maybe you’re the one doing the research, and comparison shopping. Visiting the model is a great way to pull the whole family into the process. Let everyone take notes about what they like, what they want. It’ll help you in the decision-making process.
These are just a few reasons. We’re sure you can come up with dozens of others. So, get your list together and go visit a model today.
Headquartered in Burr Ridge, Illinois, Beechen & Dill Homes is recognized as one of Chicagoland’s most buyer-friendly and distinctive home builders. Beechen & Dill Homes has constructed an award-winning reputation over 40 years and dozens of planned communities and custom home projects in Chicago’s south and southwest suburbs. For more information, please visitbeechendill.com.